Ubuntu for government
Ubuntu provides central and local government departments with secure, open source, cost-effective, accessible computing on an extensive range of certified hardware.
- Virus free and highly secure
- Free and open source — free from licensing restrictions
- Microsoft-compatible office productivity suite
- Open data formats built into many apps
- Fully translated into 100+ languages
- Hardware driver support and maintenance
- Long-term support releases come with five years of security patches and updates
- On-site consulting services and training available
UK National security government agency (CESG) recently rated Ubuntu as the most secure operating system of the 11 they tested.Learn more about the CESG test
Used by governments across the globe
La Gendarmerie Nationale, France
We realised that Windows would cost us €2 million more than Ubuntu every year.
City of Munich, Germany
Ubuntu satisfies our requirements best by combining the low costs and freedom of open source software with ongoing support.
Uttar Pradesh Government, India
Uttar Pradesh boosted IT literacy by putting millions laptops running Ubuntu in schools.
Government-wide support and management tools
Ubuntu Advantage is the professional support package from the experts at Canonical. Get 24x7 support with access to engineers with first-hand experience of your issues. It also includes Landscape, the Ubuntu systems management tool, for monitoring, managing, patching and compliance reporting on all your Ubuntu desktops.