Canonical designs, builds, operates and supports OpenStack private clouds on Ubuntu. We understand the importance of certainty, stability, performance and economic efficiency for private cloud infrastructure.
Choose your OpenStack package:
Cloud Build Service
$75,000 with two week delivery
Design and deployment of OpenStack reference architecture.
- Hardware guidance and sizing
- Fixed-price deployment
- Reference architecture
- Open source storage
- Simplified networking
- Containerised control plane
- Log aggregation
- Monitoring cluster
- Upgrades on demand
- High availability
Two week delivery on certified hardware.
Cloud Build Plus
$150,000 one-time fee
Additional OpenStack consulting packages for our Cloud Build Service.
- Workload analysis
- VMware migration plan
- Customised architecture
- Containerised or isolated control plane
- Storage and SDN integration
- LDAP or Active Directory
- Corporate monitoring
- Telco VNF onboarding
- GPGPU and FPGA passthrough
- HPC optimisations
- Regulatory compliance
On site workshops determine the optimal architecture for your workloads and integration requirements.
Fully Managed Cloud
$15 per server per day
Full remote operations of your Canonical OpenStack at half the price of VMware.
- 24/7 monitoring
- Proactive management
- EU and US regulatory compliance options
- Telco NFV options
- Finance sector options
- SDN options
The best way to start with OpenStack. Recognised by cloud economists as the best value private cloud.
Migrate from VMware to OpenStack with Canonical
Fully open source and automated infrastructure as a service delivers dramatic cost and agility improvements for private data centers. Canonical manages the complexity to deliver OpenStack on rails — automated operations, flexible architectures and the world’s most popular cloud operating system, Ubuntu.
- Save 50% over VMware with fully managed OpenStack
- Cloud infrastructure provides developer self-service agility
- Architecture flexibility supports wide range of sector needs
- Ubuntu is the infrastructure leader for large-scale Linux operations
- Workload analysis, migration plan and automation
- GPGPU and FPGA pass-through for workload acceleration
- Integrated Kubernetes offering for modern application ops
- Optimised KVM for high performance and security
- Scale from one to hundreds of racks
Home is where the multi-cloud operation starts
Your multi-cloud strategy depends on having competing public clouds and a cost-effective private cloud. Ubuntu is an essential ingredient of any successful multi-cloud strategy.
Our deep relationships with all major public cloud vendors ensure that Ubuntu is the most optimised OS on all public clouds. Ubuntu is also the number one operating system used for OpenStack deployments. That makes it a perfect platform for multi-cloud operations.
Analysts found that Canonical delivers the most efficient infrastructure as a service on-premise. This, together with neutral public cloud expertise, makes us the right partner for the move to cloud computing. We provide consulting, training, support and fully managed private cloud services for many of the world’s leading companies.
Fully managed OpenStack – maintain your business focus
Canonical operates many private OpenStack clouds on behalf of customers, enabling them to get the benefits of OpenStack while focusing their team on business workloads rather than infrastructure.
This is the fast way to validate the economic case for OpenStack; you don’t need new staff or skills, just allocate the hardware and engage Canonical manage the OpenStack. Once you have established devops engagement with your cloud, and once you have proven the economics of private cloud, you can invest in the skills and time to operate it yourself.
BootStack is a ’build, operate, transfer, support‘ service that allows you to take control of your own cloud at any time. All Openstack and operational components deployed are open source.
- Jointly shape the architecture
- We help you plan your cloud hardware requirements
- We build OpenStack in your data center
- We operate the cloud to an SLA
- Transparent audit, logging, monitoring and management
- When your team is ready, we’ll hand over the keys
A SELECTION OF OUR OPENSTACK CLIENTS
Canonical’s OpenStack is uniquely flexible and enjoys the widest ecosystem support of any OpenStack offering
- Flexible placement of services across the cluster
- Multiple high availability strategies for different scenarios
- Operations such as upgrades are independent of architecture
- Common operations code across all customer deployments
- Containerised control plan or isolated services, your choice
- Optional hyper-converged storage and compute
- Fully automated, repeatable deployment and operations
- Direct attach and ceph storage built-in
- SAN, Nexenta, Pure Storage and StorPool third-party options
- VLAN, OVS, and TungstenFabric open source SDNs
- Juniper Contrail and Cisco ACI available as third-party options
- CI/CD for cloud infrastructure operations
- Wide range of certified hardware
- Hardware recommendations for efficient procurement
- Training, consulting and operations capabilities and services
- Ubuntu Advantage — Enterprise Support
We deliver OpenStack in 2 weeks
Canonical’s Cloud Build service delivers production OpenStack clouds with an efficient reference architecture in 2 weeks on site. Featuring a containerised control plane, optional hyper-converged architecture, model driven operations and upgrades to future OpenStack releases guaranteed, the OpenStack cloud from Canonical is the fast track to private cloud success. Optional consulting available to tailor the architecture to your specific requirements.
- SLAs and support services
- On-site engineering and support
- Reference architecture available
- OpenStack feature development as needed
- Customised architecture service placement
- Repeatable, automated deployment
- Hardware guidance
The support has been fabulous. The whole team stepped up and helped us work through issues.Director of Web Engineering, Best Buy Corp
The number one cloud and container operating system, by far
Ubuntu is the #1 platform for OpenStack and the #1 platform for public cloud operations on AWS, Azure and Google Cloud, too.
Canonical delivers OpenStack on rails, with consulting, training, enterprise support and managed operations to help you focus on what matters most — your applications, not the infrastructure.
- We are a Founding Member of OpenStack
- The most widely used distribution of OpenStack
- The largest OpenStack operators consistently pick us
- AT&T, Bloomberg, Paypal, eBay, Walmart and many more build OpenStack with Canonical on Ubuntu
- The Intel reference platform for telco OpenStack
- Operations like upgrading OpenStack are included
- Canonical’s reference architecture optimises utilisation
- Design, architecture, support, operations and training in one package by Canonical
- Dell, HP, Lenovo, Supermicro, Quanta servers
- Multi-cloud AWS, Azure, Google, IBM, Oracle, OpenStack
- Container friendly kernel makes Ubuntu #1 for kubernetes, docker and linux system containers
Fully managed private OpenStack cloud
Start your private cloud journey with a low-risk managed OpenStack by Canonical. We help you design, deliver and operate your cloud, enabling you to focus on your apps while proving the business case for OpenStack.
We offer workshops, application requirements assessment, hardware recommendations and our 2-week on-rails Foundation Cloud Build, a fixed-price OpenStack deployment service.
Deploy OpenStack on a single laptop or across many racks using Ubuntu, the most widely used cloud OS. Canonical is the most popular provider of OpenStack globally.
Automate server provisioning
Turn your data center into a physical cloud with MAAS bare metal provisioning. Open source IPAM and SDDC with enterprise support.
Use Ubuntu on all major public clouds
Ubuntu is the leading enterprise cloud OS, running most workloads in public clouds today. From container hosts to AI and machine learning, Ubuntu is the choice of Silicon Valley and beyond.
Simplify your multi-cloud operations with Juju, an open source model driven operations system. Share operations code as open source, dramatically reducing the cost of complexity.
Install Ubuntu OpenStack yourself — developer edition or production cluster
OpenStack developers looking to dig into the heart of a complex running OpenStack can follow our workstation install instructions for a single-node OpenStack deployment in multiple containers. For production environments, the same operational stack can be used at scale to deploy a full OpenStack cluster on bare metal servers. This Ubuntu reference OpenStack architecture uses MAAS and Linux Containers to operate efficiently on racks of bare metal.
Watch a Canonical Openstack deployment on Ubuntu